ads

Chapter 3 Life at the Orphanage




When I returned to the orphanage, Reese greeted me.




"Ah... welcome back. It's about time for dinner."


"Oh. That's good. I'm about to get hungry."




 To tell you the truth, I was already hungry.


 I wanted a meal soon.




"Then let's go eat. Is there anything I can help you with?"


“Then… maybe you can get plates for everyone?”


"Aiyo"


"Also... it might be better to ask Sista-san."


"Sista? who's that?"




 Who is it. I don't remember.




"Huh...? Don't you remember...?"


“…………”




 Oops. did it seem weird?


 But I have no idea what kind of person Sista is.




"Oh no, nothing. Yeah. I should ask Sista. That's right. I was thinking of doing that."


"...?"


"For now, let's go to the dining room."


"y yes……"




 Reese started walking, though confused.


 Phew dangerous. Did I manage to mislead her?


 It's better not to say careless things for a while until I grasp the situation.


 I'm sorry for Reese, but I'll rely on her.




 When I moved to the dining room, there were some children. Those children must be children of this orphanage.


 All of them wear dirty clothes and look younger than me.


 Maybe I'm the oldest.




 Looking around, there was only one adult standing.


 The person was an old woman who seemed to be diligently preparing food.


 That old women probably the 'Sista' that Reese mentioned earlier.




 Approach and talk to an old woman who looks like a Sista.




"Sista-san? Is there anything I can do to help?"


"Oh, Zest-chan. Then can you put the plates on the table?"


"roger that"




 It seems that this old lady is a Sista after all.


 Looks like this woman is running this orphanage.




 Arrange the plates as instructed.


 After that, Sista arranges the dishes.


 As I did so, the children came to the table one after another and began to sit on the chairs.




 When everyone was seated, Sista raised her voice.




"Well then, let's have it."


""""Let's eat!""""




 …………




"...Huh? Zest-kun...doesn't eat?"




 Reese, who is sitting next to me, asked before eating.




“……Um. Let me ask you something.


"...?"


"Could it be that today's meal is...only this...?"


"? It's always like this...?"


“…………”




 What was in front of me was a very simple dish.


 There are steamed potatoes. Salt soup with less ingredients.


 That's it.




"Oh, is there anything else?"


"I don't think so..."


"Are you serious……"




 It's way too little.


 I can't get full with this amount.




"I'm sorry... I don't have enough money to afford luxury..."




 Sista spoke apologetically.


 If you look closely, the clothes Sista is wearing are old enough that they seem to be aged.




"No, no. Just enough to eat!"


“If there is a little more donation from the country, I can feed you good food…”




 Financial are more difficult than expected.


 I didn't realize they were this poor....




 Even though I went through the trouble of reincarnating, but I didn't think I'd be starting at the bottom like this...


 I have to think about something for this...





If you like my work please support me Ko-fi




Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads